True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Blah, Blah, Blah....Blog, Blog, Blog......

OK...so I was thinking.....as private as we wish out lives are, we have these things called blogs. So many of my friends have blogs, I decided to be one of the sheep in the super information highway....and continue on with my own. Crazy, Huh? Well, I guess I'll start this wonderful little tidbit of my life with my last work trip to San Francisco. Had a great time hanging with my friend Paul and did many wonderful things, did the Castro, which wasn't the Highlight of my trip. Yea, Castro is cool and all, but my god, there are so many more things in that city than Castro. Yes, a trip to the motherland is quite fun, but not San Francisco.
Sunday we went to the annual Opera In the Park, put on by the SF Opera. It was in Golden Gate Park, with about 10,000 of my best friends...all on blankets, drinking wine, eating cheese, and I saw more sterling silver serving sets that I care to wish to acknowledge. Some people brought these nifty coffee tables that looked like they were right out of a Pottery Barn catalog...a little excessive if you ask me. But, yet it was an amazing concert...and truly what SF is all about. Art, Music, Diversity all wrapped up in a wonderful urban package.
The rest of my trip was filled with work...but something quite crazy happened on Monday night......say around 10:30pm "ish". A my path crossed with someone that just threw me for a loop. I'm not ready to go into the story on this blog, but when the time is right I'll explain. It's one of those experiences that make you realize a lot about yourself, others, and life in general. For the first time in a long time, I've really looked at many aspects of my life and realized that life is more than just what you see.....it's about perspective, and what you make it. I've always said that, but now I'm realizing it. Sometimes it takes just one person to make you realize this. And that person has gotten me thinking.....a lot.

More to come.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

    I stumbled onto your blog accidentally, but it is pretty interesting. I hope you go into more detail regarding your interesting encounter on Monday night...sounds intriguing. Anything that helps us learn more about who we are as people is a Good Thing.

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting that someone made you realize something.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home