True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Conservatives vs. Colorado Lesbians


Pikes Peak
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
Greetings from Colorado Springs, Colorado! The place that I like to call “The Most Conservative City in the West”. Actually, COS (that’s the airport code) is an absolutely beautiful place with some of the most scenic views of the Colorado Rockies and Pikes Peak. Unfortunately, my efforts to take some pictures of the place were post phoned by a cold front that passed through the minute I got here. Low clouds and fog have hampered any efforts for a photo opportunity. Additionally, my Sony Cybershot is on it’s last leg. Thank god for Google Image Search. This pic seems to capture what I would have otherwise taken with my camera. The trip has been pretty good so far. I met a great guy up here who I had so much in common with. Anyone that has Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion on DVD is and instant hit with me. We ended up having dinner both nights and had some great conversation on everything from politics, to travel, to funny stories of crazy situations. Did I mention he’s a hot guy too? Makes me look forward to my next trip to scenic, beautiful “Jesusville in the Mountains”.

Speaking of the “Lord”, I passed the headquarters of Focus on The Family on my way to the office here in COS. Can you believe that they actually have signs on the I-25 highway letting people know to exit? Are there that many people going to FOTF? The parking lot is always empty except for maybe a “pope mobile” or two. I cringe every time I pass that place going into the office here. I wish they would focus on their family, and not mine. I was actually planning to “egg” the place in protest, but noticed that they had security cameras all over the place. Hmmm..something tells me that those people have thought of that before, hence the “high security”. You’d figure that would be a big clue to them. Eh, like they care, they got Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Bob Jones. Sometimes I just wish these people would just get a clue, or be struck by lightning, or catch fire by a burning bush or something.

Speaking of burning “bush”, there sure are a lot of Subarus out here! Those Colorado lesbians sure do hold court in Colorado. I noticed a ton of very butch “ladies” in the office, and yes, I saw some of them getting out of Subarus. What a stereotype. Sorta like gay guys driving Volkswagens. (I owned 2 in my time). They travel in packs around here too…..was driving in this morning and there was a group of Lesbianese walking a couple dogs by my hotel,…… yes, they were your friendly neighborhood Power Walking Lesbians. It was really foggy though, so I could only make out the short hair, baggy pants and the jingle of many keys on key rings. “Lesbians in The Mist”. At least they were happy and focusing on their “Family”…..as I’m sure FOTF was as well. Well, it’s off to Denver to catch my flight back to PHX. No upgrade to first class….bummer, I sure could use a drink.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    beautiful pic.....and U R right Colorado Springs is very conservative....They do have a really kewl leftward-leaning theater (in an old church). You should check out one of their fringe shows while you're there. It's been 7 years since I've been there, so don't remember the name of it. I would just ask one of those conservatives, "where's the Queer Fringe Theater.
    Anyways....I love your site
    Marc

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Blogger Chox said...

    Hmmm...a hot boy, huh? ;-)

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger RR said...

    Is that the headquarters for FOTF?

    What a bunch of weenies! Like you said, these evangelical nut-cases need to just focus on their own families and leave us alone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home