True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Sunday, October 02, 2005

iPodding Through The Weekend


iPodding
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
This week was a great week for new music for me. A lot of people when they are bored go to the movies, or go to the mall, or even go to the bars. Me? I have this crazy little habit of surfing iTunes and spending my way, 99 cents at a time, through boredom. Well, this weekend wasn’t too boring, but yet, I had some downtime to surf through some new music that’s worth telling everyone about. Here’s what I discovered:

Sheryl Crow, Wildflower. Well, it’s official; I’m a Sheryl Crow fan yet again. Lance Armstrong must be doing something good to that gal. She really nails it hard on this album. Good mix of rock, acoustic guitar, and a bit of folk in it too. Favorite tracks are “Good is Good” (which when it hits the radio airwaves, we’ll be sick from overplaying), “I Know Why”, and “Always On Your Side”. That last one resonates particularly deep with me. Makes me think of past relationships.

Hope Partlow, Who We Are. OK, This girl can sing. If you’re into the likes of Avril Lavigne, Lindsay Lohan, Toby Lightman, you’d dig this album. Yea, it’s total muff rock, but it’s the good kind. If she’s promoted right, she’ll probably go far. “Who We Are” and “Sick Inside” are keepers on this record.

Faith Evans, Mesmerized (Freemason’s Radio Mix). Alright, I KNOW I’ve mentioned this one before, but it’s just too much fun NOT to have in your library. Total “Cha Cha Heels” tune. Gets you in that mood to go out and kick it at the club. This tune wakes me up on the morning commute. If you see a silver TL weaving in and out of traffic, this is what he’s listening to.

Jamiroquai, Dynamite. Love this group…loved them for years, and love them once again. If you’ve never been exposed to this group, you’re missing out musically. It’s quite hard to describe this group: Disco, Funk, Trance, R&B, meets Motown, meets Alternative…….it’s just one big hodgepodge of stuff. But, gosh darn it, it works! “Don’t Give Hate a Chance” is quite spectacular (and “secret gay”). Also recommend “Starchild” and “Dynamite”.

LeAnn Rimes, This Woman. If you know me, you know I love girl country music. My little LeAnn has all grown up! I was getting nervous a couple years ago…she was getting quite “Britney Spearsish”…and well, she’s not a whore. Thank god, she figured that out. Whore or not, she brings us a great country album with some great lyrics coupled with some great music. “Something’s Gotta Give” is just awesome. Makes me want to go out and buy a Ford F-150.

Black Eyed Peas, Monkey Business. Yes, I know…I’m late to the party on this one. For some odd reason I never had interest in this group, but I broke down and downloaded the album to see what all the hub-bub was about. Now I see the light. This group is just a ball of fun. “Don’t Lie” and “Don’t Phunk With My Heart” are just all around fun tunes to listen too. But you know the inner black woman in me loves “My Humps”. Just listen to the song…you’ll know why.

So there’s a little glimpse into my iPod(s). Those tunes got me through the boring parts of the weekend. Aside from the music, went to the “Rainbow Festival” here in town this weekend. Not too bad…..uneventful if you ask me. The usual people with shirts off, who shouldn’t have shirts off kinda crowd. Went to Charlies last night…and it reminded me why I only go to the place every so often. But I was with some great friends of mine, and they make going out all worth it! ;)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kewl, now I got, me some, music to check out......(I almost missed your reviews cuz I was staring at your picture) LOL....I love my IPOD, too. I can't satiate my hunger for downloading music...it's like an addiction.

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow.....I ended up on your links....Thank You...that means a lot to me.....ya made my day :)
    Marc

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ed,

    Thanks for leaving a comment over on my msn blog space. I like your blog - very neat indeed. :)

    I heard 'Good Is Good' about 3 months ago on the radio here and fell in love with it. Heard it only about 2 other times and then I had to wait until the CD came out. Love that song. :)

    Holly

     
  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger Chox said...

    God damn Ed, how cute are you?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home