True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Confessions on a Carpeted Floor

Madonna, the gay icon. You know, she’s a big whore. Well, actually I don’t know that for sure, but you have to admit if you were married to Guy Ritchie, well, you would be too. He’s smoking hot. Anyway, I downloaded “Confessions on a Dance Floor” yesterday. I have to admit, it’s a really good album. BUT, I forewarn you, it is not a “dance” CD by any means. Actually, it reminds me a lot of Ray of Light. She definitely has influences by Gwen Stephani and Kylie Monogue. It’s a great driving CD; car tunes to the core. Over all I would say “it’s got nice lines, a fun frisky use of color….all in all, I’d have to say it’s….not bad.” (Romy and Michele reference). I’m sure when Hex Hector or some other DJ gets a hold of the album, they will come out with some amazing remixes, and totally “homo” it up with shimmers and sparkles and shit. Anyway, it’s a good album. Favorite tracks are “Sorry”, “Let it Be” and “Forbidden Love”.

I have a confession to make……on a carpeted floor, even. I called in sick today. I haven’t called in sick in over 3 years…and I feel horribly guilty. It must be my Catholic upbringing. So, as penance, I decided to clean the living hell out of my place….even, scrubbed the showers and toilet. (which was clean already, thank you very much.) So after I said 2 Our Fathers, and 3 Hail Marys, I decided to hit Scottsdale Mall to do a little retail therapy. You know, who knew there were that many hot guys at the mall at 2pm on a Wednesday? So I ended up at Crate And Barrel and got cruised by this totally hot couple buying flatware. Well, wouldn’t you know it, I was buying glassware! All I needed was a hottie buying dishes and we would have had a dinner party! How fabulous. (And gay). So I proceeded to check out and the girl at the counter asks me: “Do you know them?” I turned around and the flatware guys quickly turned the other way. SO obvious they were looking. So, the counter girl goes: “Well, if you don’t know them, they sure as hell want to know you.” I laughed out loud, because she (the counter girl) had some balls to say that. I said: “Well, if they want it, they can come and get it…cause I would totally go there!” She blushed. The guys then scurried downstairs to the furniture department. Looking for beds, obviously.

So, now I’m at home writing this blog entry and listening to Madonna. Thinking about some other confessions, I need to make. I confess, I totally took my TL out this morning and blew some carbon out of the tailpipe. I never knew 270hp could be so much fun. Sunroof open, music blaring…and gunning it all over the place…..if felt so good. Felt good to get some frustration out. Fuck those BMW 3 series…my car could kick it’s ass. In fact, I totally blew past one on the 51….damn it felt good. Next confession: I confess, I like Cher more than Madonna. Even though this album is good, I like Cher more. Shocking I know. But, you’ll all have to get over it. Final confession (for today): I confess, I have and mini crush on…….well……hmmm……I’ll keep you guessing. (And, it’s not what or who you think…)

7 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

    I totally agree

    i made a lil´conessions... album review on my site.
    come and see it. it wasnt a dance cd... but is not bad at all.

    i also loved "sorry"
    hugs!"

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bless me father for I have sinned, I too want to call in sick. I just might.

     
  • At 4:18 PM , Blogger VeryApeAZ said...

    Thanks for posting on my blog. Now I don't have to call you and see how your life is going. I can just read about it.

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OUCH!! Watch out for those rugburns...they are awful...so i have been told.

     
  • At 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey....I thought I was the only one who felt guilty over ever calling in sick? The new Madonna CD is awesome....glad u enjoyed your mental health day :)

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Will said...

    Don't feel guilty. It's as important to maintain your mental health as much as your physical well-being. I work in an office of 3 people. The other two have the sickest children in Christendom (I have no children, only dogs...hmmmm...wonder if they got "kennel cough" if I could call in). I mean, these children need to be in plastic bubbles being studied by scientists they're that sick. Of 5 days this week, I was here by myself about 85% of the time due to their sick children. Mind you, I enjoy being here by myself, cranking up my stereo and working (blogging, reading, meditating)...I forgot my point. I think it was that it sucks being a single male with no children. If you call in, they think you were out too late the night before. Ciao!

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Ed....you're finally admitting it! I know I feel the same way too. I to have a crush on you. WOW! This new Madonna album gets a "10". It really makes you want
    to confess. :) By the way what are you doing on the carpet Confessing. Are you doing your rendition of Like a Virgin?...Brian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home