True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Dessert In the Desert


A slice of heaven.
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
Mmmmm, pumpkin pie. A sign that Fall is upon us. I love pumpkin pie….in fact, I could eat a whole pie all by my lonesome self. (Hopefully I won’t have to). From my last post, I stated that I was going to eat the whole gosh darn pie out of frustration. Well, I’m glad to report that I didn’t. I ate half. I was totally out of Redi-Whip, so it just added to my frustration…so I stopped at half. Sigh, my luck. Then I proceeded to the gym…and then felt better about my guilty pleasure of pumpkin pie. Did I mention that I make the “best mutha fu**ing pumpkin pie” on Earth? Yep, I sure do. It’s won prizes all across the land, from the rolling hills of Ohio to the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. (Actually, I am embellishing a bit. But, can you imagine going over to some guy’s house and seeing blue ribbons all over the place for having won contests for pumpkin pie baking contests? I mean, really, how queer would THAT be?) You too can bake the best pumpkin pie, though. Just use the recipe on the back of the Libby’s Pumpkin can. Yes, there you have it…I revealed my deepest dark secret to baking. Just make sure you don’t use that nasty Pumpkin Pie spice shit…..it tastes nasty…use the real spices singularly. Anyway, I wanted to mention that I like to cook….and pumpkin pie is one of my best talents. Now, if I could only make an omelet…..

I started my afternoon lunchtime workouts at the Bally Total Fitness up by my work. I decided to renew my Bally membership, because they practically begged me to come back, and let me renew at an insane price (under $90 a year). For those of you who don’t know, I used to work for Bally Total Fitness, and I can tell you they would do anything, and I mean anything, to get you to be a member. Even have sex with you. (kidding…..or am I?) Not as pretty at the LA Fitness by my house, but yet, a good way to get energy throughout the day. Unfortunately, (fortunate to some of you), it has those shower rooms instead of single shower stalls. Which, I like to call “gang bang” showers. I quite honestly don’t care for these showers. Not that I am self conscious, shy or uncomfortable or anything. But, it never fails that some creepy fat guy goes into the shower area next to me. This, of course, happened today. Now, if it were some hot hunky guy, well, then there would be a totally different story, but it never happens that way. Needless to say, the “hot” factor in this gym is quite low…at least at lunch time. Maybe that’s a good thing, as it will keep me focused on my Christmas gift to myself…..big arms. (See previous post).

8 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pumpkin pies rock (especially when store-bought or made by someone else.) Not a big fan of gang showers either.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Boy makes a good pumpkin pie.. I can eat a piece or two then I'm done for a year....He loves em.... guess thats why he always makes two or three.....

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love me some pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread....but don't cook....just eat it....we have one thing in common....I worked at Bally's bout 10 years ago.....Made some great friends there who I still keep in touch with....I was a trainer for the telemarketing people....so I know all bout how they push sales....I also happened to get fired from that job LOL....boy was that humiliating....specially since an old friend referred me....o well....such is life....glad ur in better spirits....and maybe if ya shower with your clothes off...next time....the hot guys will surround ya LOL

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    #1.) I'd share some pie with you anytime
    #2.) You have hott arms but bigger would be hott hott!!!
    #3.) Been to Bally's...it sucked!!! I like LA Fitness better...even though i havent been in a while.
    #4.) You have hott arms but bigger would be HOTT HOTT

     
  • At 4:44 AM , Blogger Will said...

    My mom can make a mean pumpkin pie, so I won't be convinced about your's until I taste it, then shower with you (screw the workout - you'd get that in the shower)...

     
  • At 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yeah...gang showers forever!!

     
  • At 1:26 PM , Blogger Chox said...

    Ed, your arms are hot. I found your, um, photo on that website you told me about. :-D And, um...yeah. Mmm.

    I LOVE pumpkin pie. I DREAM of pumpkin pie. Maybe in Cleveland next month? I think we should take some into The Grid or something...walk up to the bartender, say, "Hey, a round of Bailey's Irish Cream please!" and tear us up some motherfucking pumpkin pie.

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Will said...

    Dag nabbit.... you better have saved some of that Pie for me ED! :P
    lets graba beer this week man.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home