True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

When did CNN get HOT?


Roberts "Giving Good Headlines"
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
The Hampton Inn here in Springfield, Illinois is simply the most luxurious hotel one can imagine in this god forsaken town. Actually, the Hampton has done a good job reinventing itself into a “hip” low cost hotel that caters to the 20s-30s. They have new graphics all over, free breakfast, and free high-speed Internet, all in a “High Style bought at Target” kinda feel. It’s definitely better than a Motel 6 or your local HoJo. I guess when you “grow up” you get to go to the Hilton or something. I personally love the Starwood Hotels Group. Like the obviously gay in your face W Hotel. And we’re getting one in Scottsdale!!!

So, I’ve been sitting in my hotel room, minding my own business, when I come across CNN. Headline News, specifically. I was shocked an amazed to see that the on-air personalities were secretly replaced by hunky Men’s Fitness models. I immediately came across hottie Thomas Roberts “giving good headlines” as the hourly anchor. Could this guy be any hotter? I mean, his picture on the CNN website does not do him justice (or anyone in their on-air talent pool). He could give me bad news any day of the week.

Then like a Midwestern thunderstorm, Rob Marciano comes blowing in. He totally reminds me of Antonio Sabato Jr. The guy is one hot Italian. Every time I see this guy, I drop everything and just watch him. All I hear is “blah, blah, blah, blah…” I mean who cares about the weather when you’ve feel breaking news in your pants.

And then there’s Steve Overmyer. When did Abercrombie & Fitch lend it’s models to CNN? Did I miss the memo on this? I mean, again…another looker. All these guys are incredibly good looking and make news MUCH more interesting. I’m already a news junkie, but now I have even more incentive to watch CNN. God help me if they ever move to FOX. I would suggest updating all of the pics on the CNN website, say..... with shirts off?

6 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great Blog!!

    I can remember when Steve Overmyer was the sports caster at Channel 12. It was a sad day when he left Phoenix. Thankfully Ramin Khalili (Channel 10) moved into the Valley.

    Carlos

     
  • At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wooo hooo hello roberts....maybe i'll move to Atlanta LOL

     
  • At 7:10 PM , Blogger Chox said...

    Oh, Ed. :-)

    xo

     
  • At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roberts nailed Father Toohey for sexual abuse of him back in the 80's. The verdict was today. I went to the same high school and I can remember being creeped out by this priest. I wasn't there in the 80's but the rumors were going on in the 90's and I wouldn't be surprised if more come forward. He did nothing to me, but I remember the rumors. How courageous of Roberts.

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I knew Steve Overmyer in highschool, man was he hot! Too bad he was such a snob back then.

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did you say you wanted to see Thomas Roberts without his shirt on?

    Ask and you shall receive.

    http://b.im.craigslist.org/aN/li/ax2deKix3ikteqHOW0cNcBbDf618.jpg

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home