True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Tuesday, November 08, 2005


Garden of the Gods & Pikes Peak
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
Sunday, we decided to go take a walk at the Garden of the Gods Park here in Colorado Springs. Again, another beautiful natural park filled with rock formations that remind me very much of Sedona, AZ. There’s great red rock formations all over the place, that people can actually rock climb. In fact, there were a number of people rock climbing all over the place. I was sorta taken back by that considering that most national monuments/parks have strict rules on rock climbing to preserve the park. Not here. It was a rock climbing free-for-all, everywhere you looked. Made me want to take up rock climbing , because I can only imagine the views. The park had the perfect backdrop as well: Pikes Peak with snow at the top. Again, took some great pictures. That night Jeff and I and his crazy-cool-fun friends had dinner in Manitou Springs, a quaint mountain town at the foot of Pikes Peak. Imagine a tiny town with shops, restaurants and bars, but with a total “ski-lodge town” kinda feel. I felt like I should be carrying skis or a snowboard. Overall, had a great weekend. The weather was perfect, the company was great, the beer was COLD, and the quesadillas and margaritas were awesome.

http://www.springsgov.com/page.asp?NavID=987

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger Will said...

    I lived in Denver for a year (seems like 100 years ago) and loved it. Went to the top of Pike's Peak, skiied Loveland, visited Aspen in the fall...what a great place. Sounds like you had fun. Nice pics!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home