True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Gate C-24

Well, it’s been awhile since I posted last, and that’s because there is so much going on right now. It’s been a whirlwind kinda month so far for January. You name it, it’s happening right now. And, most of it isn’t that bad actually. But first, let me tell you about a couple of observations I have made about leaf blowers.

Leaf Blowers? (Yes, leaf blowers.) It never fails that when I need to be on the phone, there is a landscaper with a leaf blower near by. It’s like some unspoken rule of leaf blowers, that if they see, or even think that someone is on the phone, they immediately flip the blower on high and blow dust right near the window or area you are in. It’s annoying. I have the same problem with buses when I am outside on my cell phone. Never fails. I’ll be making a call and the biggest diesel clanking bus will be driving by just as I’m about to say “hello”. Carpool my ass….the bus does nothing but annoy me. Anyway, onto some updates:

Monday I filed the counterclaim against Bank One/J.P. Morgan Chase in Ohio. It felt good. Tim went with me. When I filed the papers they asked me if I wanted them “served” to Bank One (which essentially means they are delivered by a cop or some other form of “official uh oh you’re in deep shit now buddy” kinda way.) You bet your ass I did. It felt good. So, now it’s a waiting game to see how they react. Here’s what I am now suing THEM for:
• Constructive Termination
• Unfair Treatment under the Bank One/J.P. Morgan Chase severance plan.
• Breach of Offer of Promotion and implied contracts.
• Harassment by management actions and sexual orientation.

Yes, I threw in the “sexual orientation” piece because it’s a known fact that my boss at the time did not like gay men. Even though it cannot be legally enforced (blame the Bush Administration), I could prove that they broke their own rules and policies on sexual orientation, which in effect could be tried as unfair treatment. Eh, only time will tell. Keep me in your thoughts.

On the love life front…..it couldn’t be better. I snuck away to Cleveland on Friday and called in sick on Monday. I used one of those $400 travel vouchers and jet-setted my ass to Cleveland for some luvin’. Tim and I had a great weekend. Tim is an amazing guy. We have this awesome connection. I know a lot of people will think that I’m totally infatuated with this guy, and to some extent that is true. But, I’ve been infatuated with a lot of guys and none of them seem to be quite like Tim. He’s a very genuine guy. From the moment I stepped off that plane to the second I left, it felt great. It felt right. We talked a lot about how we felt and where we want to go with this. I can’t believe it’s been a month now since we met. So, we both agreed we really want to make this work and pursue each other. So we’re currently looking at ways to make this happen.

You know, it’s funny. I never expected to meet someone like Tim. But it just happened. I’m at that stage where I have a billion things going through my mind right now. All good. We have great communication, we laugh a lot, and I just absolutely love being with him. We have a lot of fun, but we’re both serious about this too. I still can’t believe that he grew up no more than a mile from where I grew up…..yet we never met until now. Kinda makes you think about that “fate” thing.

So as I waited for my flight back to Phoenix, I sat at the gate feeling a little depressed about the upcoming time away from him. Yea, sure, he’s coming out to visit PHX in 2 and a half weeks, but when you feel this way it seems like an eternity. As I was pondering the depressing thoughts, I got a text message from Tim. “Look inside your large carry-on.” So, I flipped over my carry-on bag, unzipped it, and found a small stuffed animal (a monkey), and a card. My heart was racing from the romantic gesture. I opened the card and it said: (cover) “And now for an update..” On the inside it said “I’m still Crazy about you.” Signed Tim. That’s when it hit. Wow, this guy is special…..this guy is for me. My eyes watered up and I felt like a big sissy at Gate C24 at Cleveland Hopkins International (they fly to London…one flight makes the airport “international”) Airport.. It’s stuff like that that gets to your heart. It’s the little things not the big ones that can ultimately lead one to the big “L’ word. More updates to come….

5 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

    Sounds like Tim is great. Good luck. Everyone likes a good romance story, no matter what the orientation. It was a good pick me up for my day.Thanx for sharing.

     
  • At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Woohoooo....I'm so happy for ya...BTW....like the new 'look' of your blog

     
  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger VeryApeAZ said...

    That so fucking rocks. There's always infatuation before love, right? Infatuation is a good thing. You're actually at an advantage being so far away. Sometimes we screw things up by doing too much together too quickly. After three or four months, people get tired and move on. You can start things slowly. I wish you the best of luck!
    :-)

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Adam said...

    First of all I love the new look of your blog. Second, I love your new pic. You are hot. Third, and most important, you found yourself a keeper there! He sounds really sweet.

    When my partner and I were in our early years he would stay at my apartment till i fell asleep then go back to his place. On one such night he left me a little Koala bear with an "I Love You" note on it. I knew then that he was the one for me :)

     
  • At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So much for my idea of you being such a manly tough guy...
    But congrats man!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home