True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Saga Continues


Happy Holidays from Bedford, Ohio.
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
Well, I’m on the plane back to Phoenix. The trip was a total waste of time. Well, not a total waste…..there were some very good highlights, but this trip was for the court case. The judge overturned the dismissal and threw the case back into litigation on request of Bank One/Chase. I AM FURIOUS. BUT…….the judge was quite helpful. The judge believed that I had enough evidence to file a counter claim against Bank One/Chase. So, she essentially left it open for 28 to 60 days to file a counterclaim, which would essentially take it out of her court into Common Pleas. The advantage of this would be that it could be tied up in Common Pleas for up to 5 years. Yes, you read correctly….FIVE FUCKING YEARS. I know that sounds like a lot of time, which it is, but there’s now an incentive for Bank One/Chase to withdraw the suit or spend GOBS and GOBS of money in legal fees (Well over the $3,900) over the course of the potential litigation. She requested that we either settle out of court, I file a counter claim, or they withdraw. After the hearing, the opposing attorney asked to speak with me to which I replied….”I want to settle, but I’m not paying anything near the $3,900 and if otherwise, I will file my counterclaim, where I am assured to win on my merits and evidence.” They said they will get back to me in the near future. So, I sorta have a huge wild card in my deck of tricks. We’ll see……I was just hoping to get this settled before the holidays……why not wait another couple weeks? So, the saga continues…..

I did have a great time seeing my family. I had an awesome night (the night I was there) in Bedford, Ohio where I had some great connection and conversation. Did you know Fed Ex has the second largest fleet of jet liners behind American Airlines? Huh,…learn something every day. Today before the airport I did some retail therapy with my sister Anne. She’s a blast to hangout with and we laughed and laughed our way all through Crocker Park, a new outdoor “lifestyle” shopping area on the West side of Cleveland. Which, of course, we got lost trying to get to because we’re East Side….and we didn’t have our passport or map to travel on that side of town. (It’s a Cleveland thing.)

This trip was almost like a preview to next week when I fly back for the holidays. Although the weather was insanely cold….it was 25 degrees as a high and cloudy…..I did get in the Christmas spirit a little bit. It’s hard not to when holiday tunes are playing snow is falling and your all bundled up in a thousand layers of clothes. (As some of you may know I definitely prefer to take clothes off than put them on.) I even helped decorate my mom’s 10 foot Christmas tree. Now I know why Hallmark stays in business. My mother buys ever single ornament they make. I suggested she Ebay some of the damn things and get some major cash for Christmas….and she just looked at me….like I was telling her to sell a child or something. Of course this time of year makes me quite emotional too….I tear up when I hear Faith Hill’s “Where Are You Christmas”….and even that damn Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas is You.” Augh, I feel like a big sissy.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get upgraded coming or going on this trip. No free drinks. BUMMER. But, I did get to see an annoying “Elite Member” bitch at the flight attendant about not getting upgraded to first class. People like that annoy me. He was a total asshole and actually was holding up the boarding process. I think the flight attendant peed in his drink. God, I hope so. Phoenix here I come……

(Brokeback Mountain in 2 days!!!!)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    okay, so I totally concede that you are a LOT smarter than me.I mean a LOT. I have no issue with that, I am comfortable with it. However, You seriously need to enroll in my one week course on the 'Art of Negotiation'. I will be waiting to see what the offer they come up with is. If they are trying to be fair you will do ok. If they want to screw you or wait it out it will take longer. From a purely sales perspective "The First One to Talk Price Loses'. I wish you would have waited for thier pitch before telling them you wanted to settle.
    Im glad you had fun in the cold (I so dont miss it, but I miss the snow...weird huh)and I will see you this weekend.

     
  • At 1:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very nice site!
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home