True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I’s got me some Bluetoofus


Wireless Wonder!
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
God, I love Bluetooth Technology. A world without wires. Freedom from the tangled web of cords. I never though much about the technology, but now I feel like it’s becoming something I got to have. For example, I have a Bluetooth phone (A Treo 650), which connects into my car, which has Bluetooth handsfree (05’ Acura TL). It works so seamlessly and effortlessly. My Powerbook has Bluetooth, which connects into my phone and printer. I even have a Bluetooth headset for my iPod, which brings the experience to a whole new level (no white cords here!). Let’s not forget my Bluetooth wireless keyboard and Bluetooth mouse. Bluetooth, Bluetooth, Bluetooth….it’s a wireless wonder. I see a bunch of people wandering around with Bluetooth earpieces for cellular phones. That’s where it’s going a little too far for me. All those people with pieces of plastic and metal with little blinking blue lights. Sorta reminds me of the Borg from Star Trek (resistance is futile).

If only life could be as easy as Bluetooth. Unfortunately they have not come out with the “Bluetooth Do It All” device. You know, something that could wash your clothes, make you dinner and vacuum your carpet. (Well, I’m sure we’ll see a Bluetooth Roomba vacuum soon…. You know, that creepy little round disk that roves around your floor and supposedly cleans it, all along the while scaring the shit out of your cat or dog.).

Now for some updates. The Bank One trial continues. I am now going to be filing a counterclaim on Monday suing them essentially for constructive termination and unfair treatment. I never wanted to play the “sue” game, but after repeated attempts to settle this case in the last week, and no response from their attorneys, I have no other choice. So I am filing a counterclaim and demanding damages well over the $3,900 they originally filed. Let’s just say this you need to multiply that number by 19. Yea, it’s a lot more money. Hopefully that will get their attention, and push this case to settlement. At this point, I’m getting angry and want this over with. Wish me luck.

As for things back in Ohio, I am looking forward to using one of my travel vouchers to see Tim this weekend. We’ve talked everyday since I returned home to Phoenix last week. He’s turning out to be an awesome guy. For some reason my heart races when I talk to him….must be because I really like this guy. As a lot of my friends can tell, I’m pretty smitten with him. I’m looking forward to introducing him to everyone here in PHX when he comes out to visit at the end of the month. He’s picking me up at the airport tomorrow night. I can’t wait. A little fact about Tim: He’s a competitive volleyball player. I have yet to see him play, but I hope to very soon. (You have to admit, volleyball players are sexy…very sexy.)

The weather here has been insanely beautiful. Mid 70’s and clear as a bell. We haven’t had measurable rain since October 17th. Now, if I could just somehow bring the warm weather with me to Cleveland….

4 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Adam said...

    I love the idea of wireless everything. I commonly refer to people with headsets as Borg. Its a great way of identying someone while you're out, "Get a look at that Borg over there."

    A volleyball player eh? Thats so Top Gun and you look just like Kelly McGillis! :)

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

    Wireluss is da way 2 go....and I see u are picking up baltimoronese LOL....with that I got me some LOL

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

    I saw what ya said to trav....I nominate u!!!

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Ed!! Happy New year to you! I cant stop reading your entries.. especially the ones about the flights and vouchers.. every entry i read, i went like.. "are u kidding me".. gosh people could make profits from being bump off the planes.. you certainly have hit the jackpot ed!! ;)

    So about this tim.. he sounds absolutely yummy :) oh do tell more.. long distance relationships.. i still have two minds about it.. can it work ed? you tell me. i certainly need the advice!!

    Hugs
    Elle x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home