True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Future (with some updates….)


$200k ticket outta here.
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
It’s been slow at work. Yes, believe it or not, it gets slow (now and then) here in the wonderful world of Human Resources. But that’s a good thing considering that I have a ton of work to do on the house. Slow times allow me to take longer lunches for the gym, trips to Home Depot, and even some telecommuting from home. Got to love it. But like many of you, when it is slow at work I do what most people do: surf the net. So, I though I would post a couple of sites I came across that really makes one think about the future. You know, that George Jetson, pleeping flying car, moving side walks, moon base kinda future. So here’s some REAL legitimate websites of the not-so-distant future.

DestinyUSA.com: When one thinks of shopping you think of the cities that offer the most: Paris, New York, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and Syracuse. What? (Did he just say Syracuse?) Well, if developers have their way, Syracuse will be the next shopping Mecca. I came across this site by accident. When I dove deeper in the site I was absolutely amazed at what these developers are trying to do. Hotels, Shopping, Restaurants, and Entertainment all enclosed in a huge habitat that is energy efficient, self-sustaining and greener than Kermit the Frog in a Hybrid SUV. The architecture of the place is pretty wild as well. Think of an extreme makeover for your local mall. Definitely a cool vision of shopping in the future.

VirginGalactic.com: Now, who wouldn’t want a trip to outer space? Well, now you can put it on your upcoming Christmas list right next to that Prada sweater. And I know all of you have an extra $200,000 to go. Yikes, that is a lot, but it’s awesome that Richard Branson is actually going through with putting “normal” people in space through this new company. I’m sure prices will come down (or at least I hope they would), but for now I’m sticking to a 737 with a bag of peanuts. (Hmm…I wonder what it takes to get into the 200 mile high club?)

Burj-Al-Arab.com: Sexy, sleek, and over the top. This hotel is simply gorgeous and is just the start of a number of Extreme Hotels being built in Dubai. “Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel soars to a height of 321 metres, dominating the Dubai coastline. At night, it offers an unforgettable sight, surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.” How cool is that? What’s even more amazing is that even crazier hotels are currently in construction. Actually makes one consider going over to the insane Middle East to check the scene out. Now, only if we could get more hotels like that here stateside.

Now, for some updates.
1. Got passed up on a promotion at work, and am really bummed about it. But, I still have a job and it could lead to better opportunity down the road.
2. I hope to plan on posting a picture of Tim and me soon. Yes, he’s hot. (For those of you who want to know.)
3. The house is slowly coming along…and we hope to have a house warming party in July some time. I plan on painting the house over the next week. (God help me.)
4. I plan on posting some insightful topics in the near future. Been hard to blog with so much going on.

That’s about it….more to come…

5 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Ed!! Intergalactic travel would bring a new dimension to my already out of cotrol travel bug.. Hmm, where should I go next.. mars.. nope, venus.. maybe pluto.. its a good thing it cost so much otherwise i would never come down to earth.. already having a hard time as it is..

    I am sorry about the miss of promotion but i can feel it in my bones.. something better is coming up, just u wait and see!

    Tim .. we want to see the hottie that is Tim.. please Ed, sooner rather than later. I want to see this man that has captured ur heart.. and does he have a straight brother? ;)

    Hugs
    Elle x

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Blogger VeryApeAZ said...

    I've lived in Syracuse. Enclosing the whole damned city would be wiser. There are approximately ten months of winter there.

    Glad you are still alive and well.
    :-)

     
  • At 2:11 PM , Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

    I lived in Syracuse also for 2 very long years!!!! I was at Hancock Field Air Force Base and God I hated that place LOL......and sorry u didn't get the promotion but am happy for all the other exciting things ya got going.....and it will be great to see pics of Tim.

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    by the way... 3 houses later I own every power tool known to man and ther are not many things I havent done.. need any advice you know where I am....

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ed, please show us a picture of you and Tim soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home