True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Friday, January 27, 2006

Impatiently Waiting....


A Seductive Working Relationship
Originally uploaded by EdnPHX.
I’m an impatient person. I’ll admit it, I am. If there’s something I want, want to get done, or need….it’s got to be done right away. I hate to wait. I don’t really care for lines either. Things like waiting in line at the Post Office, a Restaurant, or even an Amusement Park are things that I just don’t care to do. I’m an instant gratification kinda guy. Lines do nothing but delay the inevitable…and quite frankly, annoy the living hell out of me. BUT, I do know that waiting does have it’s purpose and patience is a virtue…yadda yadda yadda.

So, you can imagine how frustrating it has been waiting for Tim to come out to Phoenix this weekend. It’s been a little over 2 weeks since I last saw him in Cleveland. We’ve been planning his trip out to Phoenix for over a month now, and it seems like it has been taking an eternity for it to arrive. Well, today is the day and the waiting is over. He arrives tonight on a Continental Airlines non-stop flight this evening! I’m really looking forward to spending quality time with my guy and having a fun weekend. More importantly, I’m looking forward to introducing him to my core group of friends this week as well. This is very important to me, as I truly value the opinion of my friends. I have a feeling they are going to really enjoy him and vice versa. I can definitely say I have taken a huge step up with Tim. Time goes by so fast when you really are with someone you enjoy and have fun with.

Speaking of time, I am also on the hunt for a new alarm clock. I have this oversized box of an alarm clock that I bought back in 1996. It was all the rage back in ’96. It even had a “compact disc” player in it. (Oooooo….nice!!!) Well, now it’s 10 years old and it’s starting to go. Aside from the scratchy radio reception, the skipping CD player, the miniscule clock display, and the nuclear war deaf tone alarm, it’s a pretty good clock. It’s always gotten me up and done it’s job. We’ve had a good working relationship, my clock and me. I often find the snooze button to be the most seductive feature in all of machines. You seem to always want to “touch” it. (You know you want to….just touch it one more time…..) But now that I am in my 30’s I’m finding that my eyes are starting to go. (I say this as if 32 means 89 years old…which really isn’t that old, but would someone please tell my eyes that…). So essentially, I cannot ready the display at night and that is a problem for me.

So that’s my current issue, trying to find a BIG display, small box, radio alarm clock. (Preferably in a blue display…..where’s a minimalist designer when you need one?) I can ditch the CD player as I never used the one in the old clock. Anyway, I’m on the hunt for my new alarm clock, my new bedside friend, my new working relationship. And If I’m lucky, it’ll have a seductive snooze button as well. (I’m all about being seduced.) More to come as time ticks away….

5 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger VeryApeAZ said...

    If you think 32 is old, wait til you hit 34 and 3/4.

    I think the worst part of waiting is the last few hours. I'm sure today, the clock has been at a standstill.

    Enjoy your time with Tim. Maybe his return flight will be overbooked and he'll have to stay an extra day!

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger jeremy said...

    I like this alarm clock. Or if you're feeling a little po-mo, try this one.

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Adam said...

    I'm glad someone else is just as impetuous as me.

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh ed.. bet you are enjoying your time with the lovely tim.. pls dont forget to post some pics of him too. i reckon you need to also introduce him to us, your online friends ;)

    Anyway, whats this I hear about alarm clocks.. what a lovely coincidence.. i work for a lovely clock/watch company.. if i see something that may suit your needs, I shall give u a shout.. that is before time buys you one!!

    Enjoy your weekend Ed!

    Hugs
    Elle x

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Take about 5 minutes from having Tim's peepee in your hoohoo and update your blog Be-Yotch!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home