True Stories....

My Life, On & Offline

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Oh "From" Ohio....

It was a jammed packed fun filled weekend. Tim and I had a couple of our close friends over to help us break in our new home. It was a smashing success that ended up with everybody in the pool and more liquor consumed than an Irish funeral. What more could you ask for in a housewarming?

Aside from the party, I came across the best movie trailer of a movie that looks absolutely awesome. The movie is called “The Oh In Ohio”, and it stars one of my favorite actors: Parker Posie. I remember that they were filming this movie back home in Cleveland, Ohio some time back. I got calls from my family and friends back in Cleveland saying that Parker Posie was in town and she was asking for me. (Well, actually that’s not true, but how fun would it be to have the original “Party Girl” say something to that effect?...but I digress…) It also stars gay-icon Liza Minelli, and a slew of other A, B and C-List stars. What makes it great is that it is filmed in my hometown of Cleveland, Ohio….and from the trailer looks pretty darn true to the look and feel of the city. So I’m all excited to see the movie until I look at when the general release is.

Why is it that when a movie comes out that I really want to see, it always has limited release in cities far, far away? For god sakes, it opened in Cleveland. (Well, I guess that’s a given since the movie happens in Cleveland.) But still, Phoenix will not see this movie in some time according to the movie website. Sigh. I feel like I am living my Brokeback Mountain drama all over again. I guess I will have to see it on my next trip to San Francisco this month.

The Oh in Ohio Movie trailer.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger VeryApeAZ said...

    I read about that movie and wondered how the hell Parker Posey ends up fooling around with Danny de Vito. After seeing the trailer.... I still wonder.

    Anyway, thanks for this post (http://truestoriesinphx.blogspot.com/2006/05/oh-places-youll-go.html). It's made me get off my ass and finally plan a vacation to the GC.
    :-)

     
  • At 1:19 AM , Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

    I didn't know it was in limited release as I'm purty sure it's around here....unless the people who I overheard talking about saw it in NY....or maybe I just eavesdropped on part of a conversation and misunderstood what I was hearing! :P

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Adam said...

    Parker and Liza? Its like a queer voltron movie.

     
  • At 10:23 PM , Blogger freethoughtguy said...

  • At 2:37 PM , Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

    Unrelated, Ed :)
    I've enjoyed your blog and the time we've shared getting to know one another. I'm slowly making my rounds with all the peeps I've connected with to thank them. I don't think I'll ever be blogging again....and am not sure if I'll get around to visiting people....anytime soon :)

    Thanks for everything!

    Love,
    Marc

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home